News: World Intellectual Property Day is observed every year on April 26.
- Background: World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) established it in 2000. April 26th marks the date when the ‘Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization’ entered into force in 1970.
- 2020 Theme: Innovate for a green future.
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- It is the global forum for intellectual property (IP) services, policy, information and cooperation.It was established in 1967
- It is a self-funding agency of the United Nations with 192 member states.
- It’s aim is to lead the development of a balanced and effective international IP system that enables innovation and creativity for the benefit of all.