News:On May 3rd,2020, World Press Freedom Day is being celebrated.
- World Press Freedom Day has been organised and promoted by the United Nations since 1993.The day also marks the anniversary of the Windhoek Declaration.
- Theme: Journalism without Fear or Favour.
- World Press Freedom Conference: It is organized by UNESCO since 1993 to discuss emerging challenges to press freedom and journalists safety and to work together on identifying solutions.Netherlands is the host for 2020.
- Windhoek Declaration: It is a statement of press freedom principles put together by African newspaper journalists in 1991.The Declaration was later endorsed by the UNESCO General Conference.
- World Press Freedom Prize: It was established in 1997 on the initiative of UNESCO’s Executive Board to honour a person or institution who contributed to freedom of press especially in the face of danger.