News: The Times Higher Education has announced the results of World University Rankings,2021.
- About the Rankings: The ranking includes more than 1,500 universities across 93 countries and regions making them the largest and most diverse university rankings to date.
- Parameters: The universities were ranked based on 13 carefully calibrated performance indicators that measure an institution’s performance across teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
- Topped by: Oxford University(U.K) has topped the ranking followed by Stanford University(U.S) and Harvard University(U.S).
- China’s Tsinghua University becomes the first Asian university to break into the top 20.
- India: A total of 63 universities from India qualified for the ranking, however none could make it to the top 300.
- Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bengaluru has been placed in the 301-350 category in overall global rankings.On the other hand,IIT Ropar has been placed in the 351-400 bracket.