- Indian Space Research Organisation has started the online registration process for Young Scientist programme.This program is also called asYUva VIgyani KAryakram(YUVIKA).
- The Young Scientist Program is primarily aimed at imparting basic knowledge on Space Technology,Space Science and Space Applications to the younger ones with the intent of arousing their interest in the emerging areas of Space activities.
- The residential training programme will be of around two weeks duration during summer holidays and it is proposed to select 3 students each from each State/ UTs to participate in this programme covering state, CBSE and ICSE syllabus.
- The program will include a) invited talks, b) experience sharing by the eminent scientists c) facility and lab visits, d) exclusive sessions for discussions with experts, e) practical and feedback sessions.
- Those who have finished 8th standard and currently studying in 9th standard are eligible for the programme.The selection will be based on the 8th Std marks.Students belonging to the rural areas have been given special weightage in the selection criteria.
2 min read