News: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), in association with the Ministry of Women and Child Development, launched YuWaah- (Generation Unlimited India) on 1st November 2019.
- It is India’s national initiative linked to the global Generation Unlimited movement.
- It is a multi-stakeholder alliance. It aims to facilitate youth to gain relevant skills for productive lives and the future of work. The target age group of YuWaah includes adolescent girls and boys (10-24 years).
- The mission is to promote access to foundational, transferable and 21st century skills for youth inside and outside formal education systems.
Objective: To create platforms to guide youth to market opportunities (career guidance, mentorship, internships, apprenticeships) and facilitate integration of career guidance in school education.
National Youth Challenge
- It was launched along with YuWaah on 1st November 2019.
- It seeks to engage young women and men across India to share solutions which
o Promote formal or informal educational experiences that build skills young people need for productive lives and the future of work.
o Improve connections between young people and existing work opportunities.
o Promote equitable access to quality education, training, employment, entrepreneurship and civic participation.
Generation Unlimited Partnership:
- It was launched by UNICEF in New York in September 2018.
- It is a multi-stakeholder initiative that aims to ensure all young people are in school, training or employment by 2030.
- Generation Unlimited focuses on identifying, co-creating and supporting solutions that have the potential to deliver results at scale for young people.
- It seeks to provide a platform to mobilize funding, technical assistance, political support and access to networking and learning to scale up these solutions.
Youth 2030: The United Nations Youth Strategy
- It was put forward in 2018. It envisions a world in which the human rights of every young person are realized so they can achieve their full potential to advance sustainable development and peace.
- It is a United Nations agency established in 1946. It is headquartered in New York, USA.
- It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential.