News:Prime Minister has announced a special economic package worth 20 lakh crore rupees for an ‘Atma-Nirbhar Bharat’ or self-reliant India.
- Aim: To make India self-reliant (Atma-Nirbhar) by promoting business, attracting investment, cutting down import dependence and by strengthening Make in India.
- The package includes earlier announcements made by the RBI and the government which together is equivalent to around 10% of India’s GDP.
- Five Pillars for India’s Self Reliance: Economy, Infrastructure, Technology driven system, Vibrant demography and Demand.
- Focus of the package: Land, Labour, Liquidity and Laws.
- Target Areas: a) Cottage Industries b) MSMEs c) Labourers and Farmers d) Middle Class and e) Industry.