News:Times Higher Education’s (THE) Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020 has been released.
About the rankings:
- The Emerging University Rankings is based on the same 13 performance indicators used for the World University Rankings.
- These 13 indicators measure an institution’s performance across teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
- However, the weightings are different to reflect the development priorities of universities in emerging economies.
Key takeaways from the ranking:
- The Tsinghua University from China has topped the Emerging University Rankings.
- Indian universities had also performed well as 11 universities made it to the top 100 emerging universities of the world.Only China has more universities than India in the top 100 at 30.
- The Indian Institute of Science(IISc), ranked 16th is India’s top-ranked institution.The other universities included are IIT Kharagpur at 32nd, IIT Delhi at 38th and IIT Madras at 63rd.
- A total of 56 Indian universities appear in the full ranking of a total of 533 universities from 47 emerging economies of the world.