- Recently, the 12th India Security Summit was held in New Delhi.The theme of the summit was “Towards New National Cyber Security Strategy”.
- During the conference,many issues were discussed such as protection of critical national infrastructure and emerging cyber threats: incidents, challenges and responses.
- The Union minister said that cyber security is crucial for digital Governance and its broad ecosystem.He said that the Government has taken various measures to counter cyber threat.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs has established Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) to combat cybercrime in the country, in a coordinated and effective manner.
- The “Cyber Swachhta Kendra” (Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre) is a part of the Government of India’s Digital India initiative under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).It is being operated by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team(CERT-In).
- It aims to create a secure cyberspace by detecting botnet infections in India and to notify, enable cleaning and securing systems of end users so as to prevent further infections.
- In addition,Cyber Swachhta Kendra will also strive to create awareness among citizens to secure their data, computers, mobile phones and devices such as home routers.
2 min read