- The Minister of State for Culture & Tourism has expanded the No Objection Certificate (NOC) online Application Processing System (NOPAS) for National Monuments Authority (NMA).
- The system will now be available in 517 local bodies for six states.The six states are Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Jharkhand and Telangana.
- Earlier this system was available only for five urban local bodies of Delhi and one urban local body of Mumbai.
- NOAPS was launched by the NMA in 2015.NOAPS will help in online processing of applications requesting NOC for construction related work in prohibited and regulated areas of Archaeological Survey of India(ASI) protected monuments.
- National Monuments Authority(NMA) under the Ministry of Culture has been setup as per provisions of “The Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains AMASR (Amendment and Validation) Act,2010”.
- NMA was established to consider grant of permissions to applicants for construction-related activity in the prohibited and regulated areas.
2 min read