- The 22nd National Conference on e-Governance,2019 was held in Shillong,Meghalaya.This is the first time the event is being organized in North-Eastern region of the country.
- The event was organized by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances(DARPG) in association with Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology(MeitY).
- The theme of this Conference was“Digital India:Success to Excellence” The Conference has unanimously adopted the ‘Shillong Declaration’ on e-Governance.
- The declaration aims to improve the citizen’s experience with Government services by promoting timely implementation of India Enterprise Architecture(IndEA).
- The declaration also calls to consolidate the plethora of successful State level e-Governance projects with a focus to replicate them as a common application software.
- It also aims to take steps to further improve connectivity in North Eastern States by addressing the issues of telecommunications connectivity at grassroot level.
- The declaration has also asked to take steps to enhance the activities of Electronics Sector Skill Council in North Eastern States and explore the possibility for opening an electronics skill center in Shillong.It also aims to promote the use of e-Office and move towards less paper State Secretariats in the North-Eastern States and in the District level offices.
2 min read