- Recently,India has hosted the 72nd Session of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Regional Committee for South-East Asia.
- Addressing the session,Union Health minister has said that India’s disease burden is shifting from communicable to non-communicable diseases which means diet-related diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and obesity are rising rapidly.
- He said that the government has taken several steps towards healthcare such as it is observing the entire month of September as “Poshan Mah”(Nutrition Month).This initiative aims to intensify the campaign towards a malnutrition free India.
- Further,citizens are being sensitized through a people’s movement called Eat Right India.It’s tagline is Sahi Bhojan,Behtar Jeevan which means right diet leads to a better quality of life.
- The Prime Minister has also launched the ‘Fit India’ Movement’.This campaign aims at encouraging people to include physical activity and sports as a routine in their everyday life.
- India also plans to increase full immunization coverage to 90% people through intensification of campaigns under Mission Indradhanush.
- Hence,these initiatives clearly shows Universal Health for all which means a disease-free India and global standards of excellence in healthcare is the aim of a new India.
2 min read