News:The 80th session of the Indian History Congress(IHC) was held at Kannur,Kerala between 28th and 30th December 2019.
About Indian History Congress(IHC):
- Indian History Congress(IHC) was founded in 1935.It is the largest association of professional historians in South Asia.
- The first session of Indian History Congress(IHC) took place in Bharat Itihas Sanshodhak Mandal, Poona in 1935.
- The main objective of IHC is to (a)regulate the standard of works of history produced in India (b) promote impartial and substantive history and (c)commit to a fair and scientific history, devoid of bias and politics.
- The IHC has passed significant resolutions regarding the protection of monuments of historical importance and the role the government and Archaeological Survey of India should play in their preservation.
About Bharat Itihas Sanshodhak Mandal:
- Bharat Itihas Sanshodhak Mandal is an Indian institute providing resources and training for historical researchers.It is located at Pune in Maharashtra state.
- The institute was founded in 1910 by the veteran Indian historian Vishwanath Kashinath Rajwade and Sardar K. C. Mehendale.