News:Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying is implementing several programmes in the fisheries, animal husbandry and dairy sector.
About National Animal Disease Control Programme for FMD and Brucellosis:
- National Animal Disease Control Programme for Foot and Mouth Disease and Brucellosis is a 100% centrally funded programme.
- It aims to control Foot and Mouth Disease and Brucellosis by 2025 with vaccination and eventual eradication by 2030.
About Nationwide Artificial Insemination Programme(NAIP):
- The Nationwide Artificial Insemination Programme was launched in September,2019 by the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying.
- It is a campaign mode genetic upgradation program covering all breeds of bovines to enhance the milk production using low cost breeding technology for improving genetic merit of milch animals with high quality seed.
- The aim of the program is to inseminate over 1 crore bovines in 6 months & ear-tag them with ‘PashuAadhaar’ which is a unique identification provided to the animals so as to enable the Government to identify and track the animals.
- Under NAIP, more than 11 lakhs Artificial Insemination(AI) has been done as on 31st December,2019.
About Quality Milk Programme:
- The Quality Milk Programme was launched in the year 2019 by Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying.
- The programme aims to achieve Global(Codex) standards for domestic consumption of milk and ensuring traceability & increasing share of milk and milk products in world exports.