News:Recently,the Tibetan gazelles has been in the news for its declining population since the last decade.
About Tibetan gazelles:
- Tibetan gazelles are also known as goa (Procapra picticaudata).They are a species of antelope that inhabits the Tibetan plateau.
- The Tibetan gazelles are endemic to the Tibetan plateau and given its wide distribution across Tibet, Ladakh and parts of Sikkim.
- They are listed as Near Threatened in the IUCN red list.
- Tibetan gazelles fur lacks an undercoat.It consists of long guard hairs only and is notably thicker in winter.
- According to recent assessments,the population of Tibetan Gazelles is on the decline since the last decade.
- Hunting and intensified livestock grazing are the primary causes of the decline of the Tibetan gazelle.