- I.A. Raja Varma, a businessman has set up a massive pond where the endangered fish species are protected under the supervision of experts. The pond is located at Sun Ray Resorts which is situated near Bhogapuram of Vizianagaram district, Andhra Pradesh.
- The fish pond at Sun Ray Resorts is a safe aquarium where fish species from various countries thrive. Fish species include alligator gar, Stingray, Arapaima, Archer fish, Kick-Carp, Tin foil barb etc.
- Alligator gar is a native of the Mississippi river of North America. It has a life span of around 26 years.
- Stingray is known for its electrical sensors has eyes on its dorsal side. It is listed as Endangered in the IUCN Red List.
- Arapaima is the Amazon Basin’s biggest fish. It can grow up to 9 feet and 200 kg, with a life span of 20 years.
- ‘Archer Fish’ is usually found in Papua New Guinea off Northern Australia. Kick-Carp is a decorative fish considered as a symbol of good luck. Tin foil barb is a native of Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and other South East Asian countries.
2 min read