- Union Home minister has attended the 49th foundation day celebrations of the Bureau of Police Research and Development(BPRD).
- During the session,he stressed on the need for police reforms and suggested that police force should do away with the age-old third-degree torture and adopt more scientific and new methods of investigation to stay ahead of criminals.
- He has also proposed a paradigm shift in the approach to policing and called for a countrywide consultative process to make changes to the IPC and the CrPC.
- BPR&D was established in 1970 with the objective of the modernisation of police forces.It is nodal national police organisation to study,research and develop on subjects and issues related to policing.
- BPR&D functions under the aegis of Union Home Ministry.It is headquartered in New Delhi.At present it has 4 divisions which are (a)Research (b)Development (c)Training and (d)Correctional Administration.
2 min read