- Researchers have developed an artificial intelligence powered tool called as “Deep-CEE” to identify galaxy clusters quickly.
- Galaxy clusters are some of the most massive structures in the cosmos but despite being millions of light years across,they can still be hard to spot.
- Deep-CEE stands for Deep Learning for Galaxy Cluster Extraction and Evaluation.
- This Artificial Intelligence-powered tool has been trained to look at colour images and identify galaxy clusters quickly.
- It is a state-of-the-art model based on neural networks which are designed to mimic the way a human brain learns to recognise objects by activating specific neurons when visualizing distinctive patterns and colours.
- Artificial Intelligence is a way of making a computer computer controlled robot or software perform human-like tasks.It refers to the ability of machines to perform cognitive tasks like thinking,perceiving, learning, problem solving and decision making.
1 min read