News: Atal Innovation Mission(AIM) in association with Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation(CSIRO) has launched a two day India–Australia Circular Economy Hackathon(I-ACE).
- I-ACE Hackathon: It aims to focus on identification and development of innovative technology solutions by bright-minded students, startups and MSMEs of both nations.
- Themes: The four key themes for the hackathon are as follows:
- Innovation in packaging reducing packaging waste
- Innovation in food supply chains avoiding waste
- Creating opportunities for plastic waste reduction
- Recycling critical energy metals and e-waste.
- Atal innovation mission(AIM): It was set up by NITI Aayog in 2016 to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship by creating institutions and programs that enhance innovation in schools, colleges, and entrepreneurs in general.
- Circular Economy: It is an economic system aimed at eliminating waste and the continual use of resources.It employs reuse, sharing, repairing, refurbishment, remanufacturing and recycling to create a closed-loop system minimising the use of resource inputs and the creation of waste, pollution and carbon emissions.