News: Vice President of India has released the Atal Rankings of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA),2020.
- Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements(ARIIA): It is an initiative of the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- Aim: To systematically rank all major educational institutions and universities on indicators related to promotion of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development amongst their students and faculties.
- Major Indicators for ranking are:
- Programs and Activities on IPR, Innovation, Start-up and Entrepreneurship
- Pre Incubation & Incubation Infrastructure & Facilities to Support I&E
- Annual Budget Spent on Promoting and Supporting I&E Activities
- Courses on Innovation, IPR and Entrepreneurship Development
- Intellectual Property(IP), Technology Transfer and Commercialization
- Successful Innovation and Start-ups & Funding Innovation & start-ups.
- Rank Categorization:
- IIT Madras bagged the top position under the category of Institutes of National Importance, Central Universities, and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes.
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai got the top position under Government and Government Aided Universities.
- College of Engineering, Pune got the top position under Government and Government Aided Colleges.
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar got the top position under Private or Self-Financed Universities.
- S R Engineering College, Warangal got the top position under Private or Self-Financed Colleges.
- Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women secured top place under this category.