News:Recently, the Assamese Bhaona performers had made a foreign debut in Abu Dhabi.
- Bhaona is a traditional form of entertainment with religious messages, prevalent is Assam.
- It is a creation of Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankardeva written in the early sixteenth century.He created the form to convey religious messages to villagers through entertainment.
- The bhaona are written in the Assamese and Brajavali languages.
- The plays of bhaona are popularly known as Ankiya Nats and their staging is known as bhaona.Bhaona is generally staged at xatras and namghar in Assam.
- There are some special characteristics of Bhaona like the plays, dialogues, costumes, ornaments among others.These characteristics helps to differentiate Bhaona from other plays.