News:Union Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment has informed Lok Sabha about Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana.
About Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana:
- Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana is a welfare measure being implemented by the Employees State Insurance(ESI) Corporation.
- The scheme was launched in 2018.It is implemented on pilot basis for a period of two years initially.
- It offers a relief payable in cash directly to the Bank Account in case an insured person is rendered unemployed and is in search for new engagement.
- The scheme is for Insured Persons covered under the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948.
- Under the scheme,the cash benefit given to the unemployed persons searching for new employment is 25% of his average earnings of 90 days.
Eligibility for the scheme:
- The Insured Person should have been rendered unemployed during the period the relief is claimed.
- The Insured Person should have been in insurable employment for a minimum period of two years.
- The Insured Person should have contributed not less than 78 days during each of the preceding four contribution periods.
- The contingency of unemployment should not have been as a result of any punishment for misconduct or superannuation or voluntary retirement.
- In case the IP is working for more than one employer and is covered under the ESI scheme he will be considered unemployed only in case he is rendered unemployed with all employers.
About Employees State Insurance Act,1948:
- The Employees’ State Insurance Act 1948 was the first major legislation on social security for workers in India.
- The act provides for medical, cash, maternity, disability and dependent benefits to the Insured Persons under the Act.
- The Act is administered by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC).
- The ESIC is a Statutory Body and Administrative body under the Ministry of Labour and Employment,Government of India.