News:Union Human Resource Development Minister has launched the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020.
- Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
- It aims to systematically rank all major educational institutions and universities on indicators related to promotion of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development amongst their students and faculties.
Major Indicators for ranking are:
- Budget & Funding Support.
- Infrastructure & Facilities.
- Awareness, Promotions & support for Idea Generation & Innovation.
- Promotion & Support for Entrepreneurship Development.
- Innovative Learning Methods & Courses.
- Intellectual Property Generation, Technology Transfer & Commercialization.
- Innovation in Governance of the Institution.
Significance of ranking:
- It will in setting up the direction for Higher Education institutions(HEIs) towards streamlining and establishing a strong startup ecosystem in campus and region.
- It is also aimed at uplifting India’s Position in the Global Innovation Index from 52nd to top 30 in a time period of 5 Years.