- Ministry of AYUSH has launched a mobile application named Yoga locator.It was launched ahead of International Yoga Day on June 21.
- Yoga locator is a map-based location app.It will enable yoga instructors to register themselves and reach out to a large number of people.
- It will be a permanent app which will give information to people about yoga activities happening in their vicinity throughout the year.
- The United Nations had declared June 21 as the International Day of Yoga in 2014 after India had called for the day to be adopted as a global celebration of yoga.
- Further,the AYUSH Ministry has shortlisted five cities namely Delhi, Shimla, Mysore, Ahmedabad and Ranchi for holding the Yoga function in 2019.
- Yoga is an ancient practice that began in India more than 5,000 years ago.The first International Yoga Day celebration was organised at Rajpath in New Delhi on June 21,2015.
7 min read