- The Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) has joined hands with Uber to extend health cover to their drivers and delivery partners.
- Under the agreement, Uber, under its Uber CARE initiative, will help set up common service centres (CSCs) at Partners Seva Kendras.The CSC’s will verify eligibility and issue e-cards to drivers with benefits worth ₹5 lakh to each family per year.
- However, the facility will not be available in Delhi, Odisha and Telangana as these States have not joined AB-PMJAY.
- Ayushman Bharat is the National Health Protection Scheme, which targets to cover over 10 crore poor vulnerable families (around 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage of up to ₹5 lakh (per family per year) for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.The benefit cover will include pre and post-hospitalisation expenses.
- It has subsumed the on-going centrally sponsored schemes –Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).It is an entitlement based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the Socio Economic Caste Census database.
2 min read