News:The 76th anniversary of the formation of the Azad Hind Government will be celebrated on 21st October, 2019, at the Red Fort, Delhi.
About Azad Hind Government:
- The Azad Hind Government or the Provisional Government of Free India was established in Singapore on October 21,1943 by Indians in exile.
- Subhas Chandra Bose was the Head of State of the provisional government.
- This government was formed as a part of political freedom movement originating in the 1940s outside of India with the purpose of allying with Axis powers during the Second World War(WWII) to free India from British Rule.
- The government was supported by the Axis powers of Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, the Italian Social Republic and their allies.
- It was also having its armed force named Azad Hind Fauj or the Indian National Army(INA) whose purpose was to free India from British control.
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose gave a famous slogan Dilli Chalo (Come to Delhi) after formation of this government.
- However,Netaji’s death was seen as an end to the Azad Hind movement. The Second World War had also ended in 1945 with the defeat of the Axis powers.