- According to Asian Development Bank (ADB), Bangladesh has emerged as the fastest growing economy among the 45 countries of the Asia-Pacific region.
- In the financial year 2018-19 Bangladesh attained growth rate of 7.9 % which is its fastest rate since 1974.
- The key factors of the high growth performance of Bangladesh are: a) higher public sector investment, b) stronger consumption demand, c) revival in exports, d) improved power supply and e) higher growth in private sector credit.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966.ADB is headquartered in Manila, Philippines. It aims to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- ADB has 67 members, of which 48 are from within Asia and the Pacific and 19 outside. Japan and US holds the largest proportion of shares in ADB followed by China, India and Australia. ADB is also an official United Nations Observer
7 min read