- The Bihar police has decided to bifurcate its forces on the lines of investigation and law and order at base level of police stations from August 15,2019.
- Bihar police will have separate sets of officers,head constables and constables to look after investigation and law and order.
- This will also allow police stations to devote up to 70% of its force for investigation.In less sensitive police stations the ratio can be 50:50 or as decided by the station in-charge.
- This move comes in the backdrop of improper investigation and pendency of cases.About 1.4 lakh cases are pending in the state.
- Further,women police personnel will also not be posted at police stations which do not have separate toilets for women.
1 min read