News:National Disaster Response Force(NDRF) will host the second Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation Disaster Management Exercise(BIMSTEC- DMEx) in Odisha.
About the exercise:
- The aim of the exercise is to test the existing emergency procedures for notification, preparedness and emergency response, during a major natural disaster.
- Theme:A cultural heritage site that suffers severe damage in the earthquake and flooding or storm.
- The countries namely India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal are participating while the other two member countries Bhutan and Thailand are not participating in the exercise.
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is an international organization founded in 1997.It is headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- It comprises seven Member states namely Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bhutan, and Nepal.
- The National Disaster Response Force(NDRF) is a specialised force constituted for the purpose of specialist response to a threatening disaster situation or disaster under the Disaster Management Act, 2005.