- The Union Home Minister has inaugurated the BOLD-QIT (Border Electronically Dominated QRT Interception Technique) on India-Bangladesh border in Dhubri District of Assam.
- BOLD-QIT is the project to install technical systems under the Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS). CIBMS is an integration of a number of high tech surveillance equipment, technologies and trained human resource to ensure robust surveillance across borders. It is designed to guard stretches where physical surveillance is not possible either due to inhospitable terrain or riverine borders.
- The implementation of Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS), was formulated in 2016 after the attack on the Pathankot Air Force Station. Two smart border fencing pilot projects are in place along International Border in Jammu.
- BOLD-QIT will be operationalized in a 61 Km riverine section of international border between Indian and Bangladesh in Dhubri district. The area consists of ‘char’ (sand islands) and innumerable river channels. During monsoon the entire area is flooded which makes it challenging for the BSF to patrol.
- The Border Security Force (BSF)is a Border Guarding Force of India. It is a paramilitary force charged with guarding India’s land border during peace time and preventing transnational crime. It is a Union Government Agency under the administrative control of Ministry of Home Affairs.
2 min read