News: The organisations representing the Bru community have rejected the sites proposed by the non-Brus in Tripura for their resettlement.
- Brus or Reang: It is a community indigenous to Northeast India living mostly in Tripura, Mizoram and Assam.In Tripura, they are recognised as a Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group.
- Language: They speak the Reang dialect of Bru language which is of Tibeto Burmese origin and is locally referred to as Kau Bru.
- Dance and Festival: The Hojagiri folk dance of the Reang sub tribe is well known all over the world.The most popular festival of reang tribes is Buisu.
- Conflict: In Mizoram,the Bru community have been targeted by the groups that do not consider them indigenous to the state.Hence, Brus fled from Mizoram and were accommodated in relief camps in Tripura.
- Agreement: In January 2020, the Centre, governments of Tripura and Mizoram and representatives of Bru tribe has signed an agreement to settle the Bru refugees in Tripura.