Social Welfare: Key Highlights
- 14% increase in the budget allocation for ministry of social justice and empowerment and a 7.5% increase in that of tribal affairs ministry.
- Programmes that have seen the highest increase include pre matric scholarships for children of workers involved in manual scavenging (400%), fellowships for OBCs (71.4%) and overseas fellowships for OBCs (133%)
- A national action plan for drug demand reduction with an allocation of Rs 260 crore has been introduced.
- Enhanced allocation of about Rs 9500 crore for 2020-21 for senior citizens and Diviyan
Women and Child
- 35,600 crore rupees for nutrition-related programmes in 2020-21
- Taskforce to be appointed to look into the issue of young girls entering motherhood.
- An outlay of about Rs 28,600 crore for programs that were specific to women.