News: The Union Cabinet approved investments of Rs. 15,000 crore for ‘India COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package’.
Aim: Enhance emergency response to slow and limit COVID-19 in India
- Development of diagnostics and COV1D-dedicated treatment facilities,
- Centralized procurement of essential medical equipment and drugs required for treatment of infected patients,
- Strengthen and build resilient National and State health systems to support prevention and preparedness for future disease outbreaks,
- Set up of laboratories and enhance surveillance activities, biosecurity preparedness, pandemic research
- Engage communities and conduct risk communication activities