News:The Minister of Human Resource Development has introduced the Central Sanskrit Universities Bill, 2019 in Rajya Sabha.
About the Bill:
Aim:To convert India’s three deemed-to-be Sanskrit universities — (i) Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi, (ii) Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, New Delhi and (iii) Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Tirupati into Central Sanskrit Universities.
Purpose of Universities:The central universities will:
- disseminate and advance knowledge for the promotion of Sanskrit
- make special provisions for integrated courses in humanities, social sciences, and science and
- train manpower for the overall development and preservation of Sanskrit and allied subjects.
Executive Council:It will be a principal executive body with 15-members that will include the:
- Vice Chancellor appointed by the Centre who will be the chairperson
- a joint secretary of the HRD Ministry and
- two eminent academics from the field of Sanskrit or allied subjects mong others.