News:The Government has informed that around 8.16 lakh candidates have benefitted from the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme(NAPS).
- Launched in 2016 by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship(MSDE).
- Aim:To promote apprenticeship training and incentivize employers who wish to engage apprentices.
- Target:To increase the engagement of apprenticeship from 2.3 Lakhs to 50 Lakhs cumulatively by 2020.
Components of the scheme:
- Stipend support : reimbursement of 25% of prescribed stipend subject to a maximum of Rs 1500/- per month per apprentice with employers.
- Sharing of cost of Basic Training: Rs7500/- for a maximum of 3 months or 500 hours in respect of apprentices who come directly to apprenticeship training without any formal trade training.