- The Common Service Centre Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV) has signed a pact with the Panchayati Raj Ministry to turn gram panchayats into ‘digital panchayats’
- This move is aimed at providing speedy delivery of government services to people in rural areas and promoting rural BPO across all 2.5 lakh panchayats in the country.
- According to the pact,Gram Panchayat Bhawans will host common service centres(CSCs) to provide easy access to government services and social schemes in rural areas.
- Common Services Centre (CSC) programme is an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY).It was launched in 2006.CSCs act as access points for delivery of various electronic services to villages in India.
- CSC e-Governance Services India Limited is a Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV) incorporated under the Companies Act,1956 by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to monitor the implementation of the Common Services Centres Scheme.
1 min read