- China has warned India not to stop its Huawei Technologies from doing business in the country otherwise Indian firms operating in China may face trouble.
- This statement came after India has planned to establish 5G cellular network in the country but has not decided whether to open the trials to Huawei.
- The US administration has barred use or installation of Huawei 5G technology equipped devices in critical infrastructure and offices related to security establishment.
- The US has also been persuading other nations to boycott Huawei 5G rollout in those countries.Japan and Australia have already barred Huawei from rolling out 5G technology there.
- Recently,a high-level group of officials led by the Principal Scientific Advisor to the Indian government has found no evidence to suggest Huawei has used back-door programmes or malware to collect data in its current operations in India.
- Further,one of the options that the government’s National Security Advisory Board(NSAB) official has suggested is to ensure the hardware and software for the proposed fifth-generation network are not both sourced from Huawei.
2 min read