News: NITI Aayog and Rocky Mountain Institute(RMI) has released a report titled “Towards a Clean Energy Economy: Post-Covid-19 Opportunities for India’s Energy and Mobility Sectors”.
- Aim: To highlight emerging challenges and opportunities for India’s transition to clean mobility and power systems in the context of Covid-19.
- National Institution for Transforming India(NITI Aayog): It was formed via a resolution of the Union Cabinet in 2015.
- Purpose: It is the premier policy ‘Think Tank’ of the Government of India providing both directional and policy inputs.It also provides relevant technical advice to the Centre and States.
- Chairperson: Prime Minister of India.
- Vice-Chairperson: Appointed by the Prime Minister.
- Ex-officio members: Defence Minister, the Home Minister, the Finance Minister and the Agriculture Minister.
- Special Invitees: Minister of Road, Transport and Highways, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Minister of Railways and Minister of Statistics.
- Governing Council: It is chaired by the Prime Minister comprising Chief Ministers of all States and Lt. Governors of Union Territories(UTs).