- Minister of Railways has launched CORAS (Commando for Railway Security) of Indian Railways.
- CORAS is a separate Commando Unit of Railway Protection Force (RPF).
- The commandos are specialized responder for any situation pertaining to damage, disturbance, disruption of train operations, attack and disaster situations in railway areas.
- These CORAS commandos will be posted in Left extremist wing affected areas, north-eastern region and Jammu and Kashmir where providing security to the passengers and the railway network is of utmost priority.
- Further,a new commando training centre will be set up in Jagadhri, Haryana to modernize and train commandos of the Railway Protection Force(RPF).
1 min read