News:The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has set up price monitoring and resource unit (PMRU) in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- PMRU is a registered society which functions under the direct control and supervision of State Drug Controllers.
- Funding: By the NPPA.
- Help the NPPA and the State Drug Controller in ensuring availability and accessibility of medicines at affordable prices
- Collect and analyse data and make reports with respect to availability and over-pricing of medicines.
- Organise seminars, training programs and communication activities in the areas of availability and affordability of medicines
National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority
- It is an independent body set up in 1997 under the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- Its mandate is to fix/revise controlled bulk drugs prices and formulations, enforce prices and availability of medicines under the Drug(Price Control) order, 2013.