News:The Defence Minister has inaugurated the Link Road which connects the Dharchula to Lipulekh Pass (China Border) known as Kailash Mansarovar Yatra Route.
- Kailash Manasarovar Yatra(KMY): It is known for its religious value and cultural significance to Hindus as the abode of Lord Shiva and also for the Jains and the Buddhists.
- It is organized by the Ministry of External Affairs with the support of the state governments of Uttarakhand, Delhi and Sikkim and the cooperation of Indo Tibetan Border Police(ITBP).
- The Yatra passes through two different routes: Lipulekh Pass and Nathu La Pass.
- Nathu la Pass:It connects the Indian state of Sikkim with China’s Tibet Autonomous Region.
- Lipulekh Pass: It is located close to the tri junction of Uttarakhand (India), China and Nepal.