- Saudi Arabia has said that the country will do its best to avoid war in the Middle East region but stands ready to respond with full force and determination against Iran’s threats.
- This statement came after Saudi Arabia had accused Iran of ordering drone strikes on two oil pumping stations in the Saudi kingdom which was claimed by Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi group.
- Earlier,four vessels, including two Saudi oil tankers were sabotaged off the coast of the United Arab Emirates.However,Iran has denied involvement in either operation.
- The concerns about a possible conflict in the Gulf region has come up since the US had deployed carrier strike warships and B-52 bombers off the coast of Fujairah port in the UAE.
- The US had said that the deployment was in response to indications of heightened Iranian readiness to conduct offensive operations against U.S. forces and interests.
4 min read