Skip to content
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully test fired the third generation guided missile ‘Nag’.
- The Nag missile is a third generation fire-and-forget anti-tank guided missile.It is an all weather,top attack missile with a range of 3 to 7 km.
- The missile can seek and destroy all known enemy tanks during day and night or under any adverse weather condition.
- The NAG is one of the five strategic missiles developed under the Integrated Missile Development Programme initiated.
- The other missiles developed under the project include the Agni,Prithvi and Akash.The Trishul project was shut down after being developed as a technology demonstrator.
- Nag is incorporated with many advanced technologies including the Imaging Infrared(IIR) Seeker with integrated avionics,a technology which is processed by a few nations in the world.