News: Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully flight tested indigenously developed Man-Portable Anti Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM).
About the missile:
- Man-Portable Anti Tank Guided Missile(MPATGM) is a guided missile primarily designed to hit and destroy heavily armored military vehicles.
- The missile is low weight and fire and forget missile.It was launched from a man-portable Tripod launcher.
- The missile is incorporated with Infrared Imaging Seeker along with advanced avionics.
- The missile has a strike range of 2.5 km.It weighs around 14.5 kg to maintain man portability.
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO):
- DRDO was established in 1958 by the government of India.It is under the administrative control of Union Ministry of Defence.
- DRDO aims to enhance India’s self-reliance in Defence Systems.It undertakes design & development leading to the production of a world-class weapon system.