News:Kerala will be setting up India’s first International Women’s Trade Centre (iWTC).
About International Women’s Trade Centre(iWTC):
- This IWTC initiative is in accordance with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs).
- The first phase of iWTC which is being executed under the Gender Park’s “Vision 2020” is scheduled to be completed by 2021.
- The trade centre will aim at accelerating women entrepreneurship and secure gender parity.
- The facility will also provide women with a safe place away from home to start new businesses, set up or expand and get their products marketed globally.
- The facility will have women’s startup and incubation centre, retail fashion and technology outlets, health and wellness centres, business centres among others.
Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs):
- The Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs) were born at the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro in 2012.
- The objective was to produce a set of universal goals that meet the urgent environmental, political and economic challenges facing the world.
- The SDGs are a bold commitment to finish what the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) started and tackle some of the more pressing challenges.