News:India will be taking part in this year’s Exercise TSENTR 2019 that will be conducted by Russia from September 9 to 23,2019.
About Exercise TSENTR 2019:
- Exercise TSENTR is part of the annual series of large scale exercises that form part of the Russian Armed Forces annual training cycle.
- The series rotates through the four main Russian operational strategic commands namely (a)Vostok (East) (b)Zapad (West) (c)TSENTR (Centre) and (d)Kavkaz (South).
- These annual exercises have taken an international character with Belarus participating in ZAPAD-2017 and China and Mongolia participating in VOSTOK-2018.
- This year’s exercise will see military contingents from China, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan also taking part in the event.
Aim of the exercise:
- The exercise aims at evolving drills of the participating armies and practicing them in the fight against the scourge of international terrorism thereby ensuring military security in the strategic central Asian region.
- The exercise will also focus on (a)evaluating the level of troop preparedness (b)the acquisition of the required skills and (c)raising the level of inter- operability and (d)demonstrate the readiness of the participating armies.