News:The maiden bilateral maritime exercise between the Qatari Naval Forces and Indian Navy named Za’ir-Al-Bahr (Roar of the sea) has started.
About the exercise:
- The exercise aims to strengthen the cooperation and enhance interoperability between the two navies.
- The exercise will include a Harbour Phase and Sea Phase.
- The activities during the harbour phase will include a seminar, professional interaction, official visits, sports fixtures along with social and cultural events.
- The sea phase will include a Tactical Maritime Exercise involving the domains of surface action, air defence, maritime surveillance and interdiction and anti-terrorism operations.
- The exercise will be attended by Indian Navy Guided Missile Stealth Frigate INS Trikand and Patrol Aircraft P8-I.
About INS Trikand:
- INS Trikand is one of the frontline frigates of the Indian Navy.It is equipped with a versatile range of weapons and sensors.
- The ship is part of the Indian Navy’s Western Fleet and is under the Western Naval Command based in Mumbai.
- The P-8I is a long-range anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft capable of broad-area, maritime and littoral operations.
- The P-8I is a variant of the P-8A Poseidon that Boeing had developed for the U.S. Navy.The Indian Navy is the first international customer for the P-8.