- India has been ranked at 140th on the United Nations World Happiness Report 2019 that ranked 156 countries.It is a decline of seven spots from 133rd in the last year’s report.
- Finland topped the list for the second consecutive year,followed by Denmark and Norway.South Sudan was ranked at the bottom of the index.Meanwhile, India’s neighbours were ranked higher with Pakistan at 67th,Bangladesh at 125th and China at 93rd on the index.
- The report was released on March 20,which was designated as the World Happiness Day by the UN General Assembly in 2012.
- The World Happiness Report is a measure of happiness published by the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network.The happiness study ranks the countries of the world on the basis of questions from the Gallup World Poll.
- The report is based on six key factors that found to support wellbeing: a)Income (b)Healthy life expectancy (c)Social support (d)Freedom (e)trust and (f)generosity.
2 min read