- The Rajasthan Government, in collaboration with United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has launched Rajiv Gandhi Career Portal to provide employment-oriented education to students from classes 9 to 12
- The career portal, a first of its kind in India, aims to provide information to secondary and higher secondary students on a) entrance examinations, b) scholarships, c) vocational and professional careers and d) different employment avenues
- The portal is expected to help reduce dropouts at various stages in schools and improve retention in jobs by facilitating students to choose a career.
- The establishment of Rajiv Gandhi Career Counselling Cell, which would link school and college students with skill development programmes and internship opportunities, was also announced.
- According to UNICEF’s studies, students in Rajasthan primarily rely upon their teachers and family members for career information and 69% also use internet for their career-related queries.
1 min read