- Prime Minister(PM) has launched the Fit India Movement on the occasion of National Sports day.
- The movement aims to encourage Indians to include fitness activities and sports in their daily lives to pave way for a healthy and fit lifestyle.
- During the occasion,the PM said that many lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and hypertension are increasing in India.Hence,small lifestyle changes can prevent these diseases.
- He said that sports has a direct relation to fitness but fit India movement aims to go beyond fitness.It sees fitness as not just a word but an essential pillar to a healthy and prosperous life.
- National Sports Day is celebrated on 29th August every year to mark the birth anniversary of legendary hockey player Major Dhyan Chand.
1 min read