News: The first five of a batch of French Rafale fighter jets has arrived at Haryana’s Ambala air base.
- Rafale Fighter Jet: It is a twin-engine medium multi-role combat aircraft manufactured by the French company Dassault Aviation.
- Purpose: It can be used to perform ground and sea attacks, reconnaissance, high-accuracy strikes and nuclear strike deterrence.
- SCALP: It is an air-to-ground cruise missile that has a capability of long-range deep strike missile.
- MICA: It is an air-to-air missile that can be used for operations such as close-quarter dogfights and Beyond Visual Range(BVR).
- HAMMER: It is an air-to-ground precision guided missile produced by French conglomerate Safran which can be used against bunker-type hardened targets within the range of 70 km.
- Meteor: It is a Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (BVRAAM) system developed by European firm MBDA.